Wine and Salsa Dance Lessons & Dinner
Our Salsa Dance Lessons offer a unique opportunity to experience Costa Rican culture and get your feet moving to some tropical beats! Plus it makes for a great workout and you'll make new friends with your new dance skills! We have local instructors who take their time to walk you through the steps of some of the most-popular types of dance in Costa Rica from Merengue to Cumbia and of course Salsa. Most Costa Ricans learn to dance from an early age and one could say "it's in their blood..." Merengue is probably the style of music you'll hear most-often around Costa Rica and probably the easiest to learn how to dance to. It's a quick two-step pattern and the man is responsible for directing the woman with his right hand back and forth. Cumbia is believed to come from Colombia, but Costa Ricans have put their own twist on how to dance to it. It's a mostly sideways step in a 1-2-3-4 count that Costa Ricans call the "Swing Criollo" that adds a special bounce on the step and goes a little faster.
And then there's Salsa... the sexiest of Latin dancing that originated in Cuba - when you get to the Salsa part of the lesson, you'll be doing spins and turns! So, once you take one of our Salsa Dance Lessons, you'll feel completely comfortable out on the dance floor at any of our bars, nightclubs and "Discos" around Costa Rica.
Salsa Lesson Logistics:
1) This is more than just a lesson, it's a full-Costa Rican cultural experience! You get picked up from your hotel and taken to a rural farm just outside of the town of La Fortuna
2) You'll meet your experienced Salsa Dance instructor and get set up in partners
3) Your instructor will start giving you some instructions on foot placement and understanding the different musical rhythms and types of music.
4) You'll be invited to a nice glass of red wine to loosen up your muscles a bit!
5) Practice your moves a bit more, have some more wine and once you feel more-confident about your abilities, sit down to a nice country-style meal
6) Feel free to head out to the local disco and show off your new moves!
Duration: 3 hours
For events that could happen beyond our control we may change to a more-suitable tour with an equal or similar adventure-appeal or offer other tour options so you don`t miss out on a fun day in Costa Rica. We reserve the right to cancel a trip due to unfavorable conditions & will only run a tour according to our policies. Full refund is given if (on rare occasion) no tour is run.
NOTE: We have an extra transport charge for hotels outside of our normal pick-up
ZONE 1: 1-22 pax: No extra charge
ZONE 2: Lost Iguana, Observatory Lodge, Arenal Lodge & The Springs Resort: $20 per trip or $40 roundtrip. ZONE 3: Rancho Margot, Linda Vista, Arenal Vista: $25; $50 rndtrp
ZONE 4: Leaves & Lizards, V. Hermosa, Tilajari: $35/trip; $70 rndtrp