Count on Desafio Adventure Company for Costa Rica Incentive Travel Planning
by Christine Larson-Krishnan
Several years ago the Miami Dolphins' executive board came down to do some Team Building Activities in Costa Rica with us. We took them rafting and did other fun adventures with them. It was amazing to see how these very serious men worked together and had a genuinely fun, memorable time in Costa Rica.
There's been a recent rise in the number of companies and groups looking for ways to treat their employees to fun and exciting experiences. But those same companies are also concerned about good Return on Investment and have realized that Incentive Travel programs in Costa Rica offer them the opportunity to provide a unique incentive idea to their employees that can be used as a tax write off (as opposed to direct employee monetary bonuses, for example.)
We have been told that salespeople, distributors, dealers, agents, etc. often specifically request incentive travel opportunities to places like Costa Rica because they love the value-added nature of the programs in Costa Rica. They see them as a way to build morale and loyalty by doing unique and exciting team building activities in a memorable, tropical setting.
Upper management at companies use incentive programs for a variety of reasons including to motivate top performers, increase sales, introduce new products or new strategic planning opportunities.
Personally, I like to plan unique, incentive travel programs in Costa Rica to help companies bolster their reputations and give their staff bragging rights that they went to Costa Rica to do some really cool things with fellow coworkers!
In fact, I was inspired by Chris Wezel, president of the Meeting Planners and Incentives in the Greater Orlando Area and co-founder of a hospitality marketing company who saw this firsthand at his firm's recent retreat in Costa Rica. Wezel and 11 colleagues spent four days with us in the lush rainforest of Costa Rica pushing their limits by rappelling down waterfalls, as well as learning how to cook authentic local meals, do volunteer activities and getting specialized spa treatments while soaking and relaxing in natural hot springs.
Like Wezel, other companies who have used our incentive travel programs say they liked Costa Rica as a setting because it was easy to organize and there are a variety of affordable options. Incentive travel programs for them are important for the networking opportunities and to create excitement to keep sales people motivated and to give them a competitive advantage.
We have over 22 years of experience in the adventure tourism business in Costa Rica and have offices in Arenal, Monteverde, San Jose, Samara and Guancaste. We can help you develop incentive travel packages or team building activities with great prices and high quality services. What sets us apart is that we are the direct operator of our tours and transport services and are family-owned and operated.
Here are just some of the fun and exciting things we could incorporate on your incentive travel program in Costa Rica!
1. Rafting Class 2-3 on the Rio Balsa - with roundtrip transport including WiFi with lunch and snack. Price is $115 per person, Duration: approx. 8 hours for ages 10-65. Read more here: http://www.desafiocostarica.com/transportations/san-jose-to-la-fortuna-rafting-in-the-balsa-river-class-2-and-3-/
2. Rafting Class 3-4 on the Rio Sarapiqui - with roundtrip transport including WiFi with lunch and snack. Price is $125 per person, Duration approx. 9 hours for ages 13-65. Read more here: http://www.desafiocostarica.com/transportations/san-jose-to-la-fortuna-rafting-on-the-sarapiqu-river-class-3-and-4/
3. Lost Canyon Adventures Canyoneering - with roundtrip transport including WiFi with lunch and snack. Price is $125 per person, Duration: approx. 10 hours and it is for people ages 13-65. Read more here: http://www.desafiocostarica.com/transportations/la-fortuna-to-san-jose-canyoneering/
4. COMBO - Rafting Class 2-3 on the Rio Balsa and Ziplining tour - with roundtrip transport including WiFi with lunch and snack. Price is $165 per person, Duration: approx. 10 hours for ages 10-65. Read more here: http://www.desafiocostarica.com/transportations/San-Jose-to-Arenal-COMBO-Ziplining-and-Rafting/
5. Gravity Falls Waterfall Jumping - Costa Rica's Most EXTREME tour with roundtrip transport including WiFi with lunch and snack. Price is $180 per person, Duration: approx. 9 hours for ages 16-55. Read more here: http://www.desafiocostarica.com/transportations/San-Jose-to-Arenal_LaFortuna-+-Gravity-Falls-Waterfall-Jumping/
* Please note we are including roundtrip transport to/from San José.
Desafio has two rules: 1) Be Safe! 2) Have Serious Fun! When we develop specialized activities for your group, we include top-level team members and support staff and carry a $3-million liability insurance policy. Here are some videos of our activities out of the Arenal Volcano or La Fortuna areas: https://www.facebook.com/DesafioCostaRica/videos
We have also developed a variety of other Team Building activities in Costa Rica with themes like "Survivor" or "The Amazing Race," and can easily customize the activities to your company's or group's needs.
Why to choose Desafío for your Incentive Travel Program, Team Building Activity or Motivational Project?:
• increase sales volume
• boost morale
• increase customer loyalty
• increase market share
• greater employee trust
• better customer service
• open new markets
• increase teamwork
• improving the bottom line
• focusing sales strategy
• networking benefits
• performance level
• competitive advantage
• performance assessment
• building trust
• peer pressure
• compensation benefits
• employee loyalty
• relationship benefits
• employee motivation
• emphasize corporate values, objectives and corporate vision
We look forward to planning your incentive travel outing here in Costa Rica.art in Costa Rica, please visit her Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/selinaleeart
Jason Rocks Gravity Falls by Jason Salas, Adventure Specialist My first tour and the best one we have is definitely Gravity Falls! The first time I went was in August and I got picked up at headquarters and the guides made the ride fun. I remember ..
Yesterday, while my coworker Justin was with the briefing of a G Adventures group, we had a lovely older lady come in named Jenna. She had booked the Lost Canyon tour, but she had no idea what exactly she bought. So..
A plate with a view! We can't imagine a better place to really catch the true flavor of the Caribbean than the Cool & Calm Cafe. Right front and center of Playa Manzanillo, this local hangout dishes up rice n beans like no other. Go for any..
By Tui Frye A company policy at Desafio is that all staff and partners experience their key adventures. It is important part of the company culture and philosophy that everyone understands that it is an experience vs. a product that we are sell..